Friday, January 8, 2010

Pure Innocence


I've been stamping for more than ten years now. I've seen trends come and go. It takes a lot these days for new stamps to impress me, but when I saw the new Pure Innocence stamps from My Favorite Things, I was so excited! There's something about these whimsical little drawings that just really appeals to me. When MFT said "Hello! We're having a sale!", well, let's just say that they had me at hello! I ordered five sets before New Year's and they just came in today. But here's the kicker...MFT had a new release party this week, and I ordered five more Pure Innocence sets! I guess that when I get excited, I get REALLY excited and throw frugality out the window! I believe that the artist, Heather Ellis, is from the U.K, and there seems to be some really wonderful artists coming from across the pond! They're really re-energizing the stamping world in big ways.



I made today's card for the MFT sketch challenge. The original sketch had a star, but I swapped it out for the heart.

{recipe: Heart Stripes (Pure Innocence), Basic Grey Nook and Pantry papers, river rock and pink cardstock, versafine onyx and sepia inks, marker, brown stitched ribbon (Amuse), heart twinkles (Amuse), Prisma markers}

Ain't she sweet? I really love the font of these sentiments, too. It matches the line art so nicely!

I hope you like the new blog format. I've added a few new features and lists, and I'll be adding more links to them in the future. For example, if you click on the pretty vintage picture in the upper right corner, you can find out more info on the Faith-Based challenges that Patter Cross posts on her blog, Triple the Scraps.

Hope your weekend is full of blessings!

1 comment:

  1. love how you used the heart on this sketch, thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete