Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Warm Thoughts and Sunshine


Yesterday was a cold gray day, filled with dark thoughts and crabbiness...like Lucy from the Peanuts gang with a scowl on her face and a dark cloud overhead. But today, I woke up to sunshine in my window and six-year old Sam serenading me with the song "Good morning, Lord!" I just know it's going to be a good day.

My husband called from work to let me know that he's taking a week of vacation in February. Hall-e-luiah! I so need to get out of town for a while. This football-crazed city is really starting to get on my nerves. Indy is whipped up into a Super Bowl frenzy, and I just don't get that excited about football. I mean, Bible studies get planned AROUND football, women where Colts jerseys and jewelry to church, and Sunday School children actually ask you to pray that Peyton Manning won't get injured at the next big game. It's IN-SANE!

But today, I will not let it get to me. I think I'll take myself to Starbucks today for a coffee, and then I'll go to the florist's shop for a nice bouquet of spring flowers. I may even take the dog for a walk. But what I will not do is stay in this house and mope today!

I made this card for yesterday's color challenge. I don't know...do you think there's enough pink here? I found this little vellum envelope in my stash...I think I got it from the Dollar Spot at Target a LONG time ago. I decided to use it as my starting point.

{recipe: sentiment from Boy and His Dog (Pure Innocence-MFT stamps), Hero Arts stamp stamp, Basic Grey Sugared paper, melon mambo/blush blossom, pretty in pink cardstock, scallop edge punch, Martha Stewart heart scallop punch, vellum envelope form stash, folk heart punch, Amuse heart twinkle}

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope your day is sunny, too!

3 comments:

  1. Mary, The card's adorable. I went out before lunch and took a long walk. It was freezing cold outside. Never mind that. The sun was shining and the sky was the most magnificent blue. I LOVED it! Made me feel so great. Love and miss you. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. I like how it all came together. Too much pink?! I read that twice because, as far as I'm concerned, there can NEVER be enough pink. Hope you enjoy your day. Have your Starbucks beverage iced and think of warm days ahead. (I must be be feeling the same way. I bought Coconut Cream CoffeeMate today!) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely not alone...my mood is so in tune with the weather. Thank you God for the sunshine today...praying for two days in a row...so stingy! Hey, call me! I want to hear more about that vacation. Love, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete