Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Addicted


Okay, I'll stand up and admit it. My name is Mary Rose, and I'm addicted to Pure Innocence stamps from My Favorite Things!

Someone asked me the other day why I liked them so much. After some thought, I've come up with a few reasons:

1.) The images are just the right size. Some companies make their images too small, and you have to figure out how to make some kind of presence on a standard A2 card. Some companies make images that are too large, and they take up the whole card space. These are just right...big enough to have presence, small enough to use with pretty background papers.

2.) They are cheap! At $9 for a clear set, I probably would have paid twice that much for a similar set from Stampin' Up! It doesn't seem like such a big splurge to buy one or two...or ten. :)

3.) I love the font of the sentiments!

4.) The images are too stinkin' cute.

There, who needs any more reasons?

I made this card for the February sketch challenge. My favorite part of this card was that I stamped the flower separate from the original image...allowing me to add the twinkle water drops from the watering can:


I also had some fun with the inside of the card:



I know...I've been making a lot of grass on my cards lately. Perhaps I miss seeing the green stuff, as it is currently hidden under about six to eight inches of snow, with more on the way this afternoon. Needless to say, it is a snow day. The good news is that I made it to the store yesterday and now have all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies. Hooray! We're saved!

Happy Snow Day, everyone!

{recipe: Blooming Good Day (Pure Innocence...MFT Stamps), Basic Grey Nook and Pantry papers, crushed curry and garden green card stock, Pure Luxury Ivory card stock, circle punches, Coluzzle, Versafine onyx ink, Prisma markers, Amuse twinkles}

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you love the Pure Innocence line, Mary Rose! This is a sweet design. I know what you mean about size, too--it's always a conundrum when dealing with too big or too tiny. "Just right" is hard to find, but when you do, it's a match made in heaven, eh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I am in love with them too! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete