Tuesday, February 16, 2010

AWOL


Hello, friends! After a week long absence without leave, I am back and ready to blog stuff again. Last week just becasme too hectic...with a husband on vacation, a major painting project, and an out-of-town trip, there really wasn't a lot of time for creativity.

Hey, guess what? It's snowing...again. This has been a long winter for me. Yesterday's Clean and Simple challenge was to make a card with a spring theme. I figured it was a good excuse to use some new flowers.

Now, before you write to tell me that you have those Prima flowers and they don't have the little white parts in the center, let me explain. I added those little white parts myself (is it the pistol or the stamen? I always forget!). You can buy them in the floral departments, and they are cheap!

{recipe: Season by Season (SU), Fine Lace (SU), river rock ink, melon mambo cardstock and ink, pure luxury ivory cardstock, Prima flowers, oval and scallop oval punches, Martha Stewart butterfly punch}




We took a weekend trip to visit our families in Ohio and Michigan last weekend. It was my sister's 50th birthday on Valentine's Day, so we celebrated with a sibling's lunch. We got to see a lot of the family that we'd missed over the holidays, so it was nice to catch up.

My husband chose an alternate route home, deciding to follow the opposite side of the Maumee River into Indiana. It was a lovely drive. We took a quick stop at Independence Dam so that the dog could get out for a while. It was so pretty! Apparently, the ducks and geese like it, too, as you can see in the photo:


Luckily, we had nice weather for traveling...cold, but sunny. I did a little needleart project on the drive. I think I'll show that tomorrow.

Stay warm and think spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment