Monday, February 8, 2010

Petals, Paints, and Puppies


As you can see, all hands have been on deck for this massive painting project in our great room this weekend! But I can say that we love the results. Sam says the color looks like coffee with cream in it. I love that boy! This color is like a pair of khaki pants...it just goes with everything! Our furniture, the fireplace, the floors, the countertops, and even the cherry cabinets!



It is still very much a work in progress, but we should have it wrapped up in just a few days.

Beside painting, we had another traumatic event in our weekend. My poor dog, Maggie, got hit by a car on Friday night! Or to be more accurate, Maggie probably hit the car. In either case, it was very frightening for all parties concerned...my husband, who was shoveling snow in the dark and didn't notice that the dog had left the yard...my neighbor, who didn't see the black lab dart out in the street...and poor Maggie, who learned her lesson the hard way that it's best to leave cars alone!

But the good news is that Maggie is fine, a little bruised and wary, but still wagging her tail and getting about just fine. Thank the Lord! It could have been much worse! After a thorough check from her vet and a shot of Cortisone, she is now taking anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers to help her hind end recover.

The good news is that the vet reported that Maggie has lost over fifteen pounds since her last check-up in October! With just a few more pounds to go, she should be at her ideal weight. The vet was very proud. I guess all the walking, diet dog food, and green bean dinners have really done her a lot of good!



As you can see, I'm still in full flower power mode when it comes to crafting! I made this card for today's Clean and Simple challenge to make a candy-inspired card. My candy choice? Gummies! I think these shiny little buttons are very gummy-like, don't you? This card was very simple, but I think it has a nice kick to it. I added a little punch to the flowers by outlining them with my black Sakura Micron pen. I think it helps them to stand out against the kraft background.

{recipe: Big Blooms (SU), sentiment from Uptown Rubber Stamps (Holly Pond Hill), Kraft Pure Luxury card satock, old olive card stock and ink, tempting turquoise ink, more mustard ink, real red ink, versafine onyx ink, designer buttons (SU), Amuse stitched ribbon}

Thanks for stopping by the cafe today!

2 comments:

  1. very pretty cas card-I love the colors you used in your great room-we are in the middle of a major remodeling right now and those colors are the same we chose for our dining room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that your dog is okay! Love the color of the walls and your cute card! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete