Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Scrapping


I have been in the mood to sort and scrap stuff this week. On Monday, I went through my spice cupboard and threw away three dozen old bottles of herbs and spices. Yep, that's 36...can you believe it? I had old jars of stuff from Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple, and I know I haven't been to one of their parties in over five years. I couldn't believe that I was hauling these bottles with me for every major house move! When I opened some of the jars and took a whiff, they smelled like dust...not a good ingredient to add to any dish! I emptied the contents and recycled all the old jars, then reorganized the good herbs and spices into better categories. Doesn't it look pretty? I purchase a lot of my seasonings from Aldi's now. One of our favorites is their big jar of Steak Seasoning...our guests always rave about it!



Yesterday, I went through my nail polish and threw away every bottle. Again, most of the bottles were at least five years old, if not older. It looked terrible. I went to Target and picked up all new bottles on a clearance aisle. I'm not a big girlie girl when it comes to things like manicures and pedicures, but now that I'm a working girl, I'm trying to keep my nails looking a little neater. And when sandal season is here, I'll be prepared with lots of new colors.


Today's card features a sketch that works great when you are using up lots of scraps of pretty papers.

{recipe: Flower Girl (Pure Innocence from MFT stamps), so saffron cardstock and ink, baja breeze textured cardstock, Sweet Slumber papers, versafine ink, Prisma markers, Prima flower, maya road velvet flower, brad}

I'm off to clean my pantry. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment