Saturday, February 27, 2010

Spring in My Mailbox



Spring came to my mailbox yesterday! It was such a welcome sight! First, I received this lovely card from my good friend, Lynn in Michigan. Lynn made this a long card to fit in a business-sized envelope...perfect for a long flower! The envelope even matched the color of the card...how fancy is that? I thought this card was so sweet and cheerful...thank you, Lynn! Lynn is from my stamping posse in Michigan. Their group is getting so large that they have to plan weekend stamping retreats at least twice a year. I WILL go one of these days...I promise!



I also received the newest issue of Midwest Living. Oooh...the cover is so beautiful! It's so pretty that I keep looking at it and touching it lovingly, and I haven't even opened it to look inside yet!

I also received a copy of the Pure Michigan travel guide. I'm having fun looking at all of the possible destinations. The boys have put me in charge of all family vacations this year. (Last year, my husband was in charge, and let's just say they weren't the best...bad weather, remote locations, low fun factor). Our favorite vacations usually involve a cottage on an inland lake, with canoeing, swimming, hiking, biking, and day trips to Lake Michigan and its surrounding towns. Of course, last year was the summer that wasn't...it didn't get very warm, and I was sick once again with Lyme disease. But I'm feeling hopeful that this summer will be worthy of a picture-perfect postcard!

I got called in to work yesterday, and it was a good remedy to this CFS that I'm suffering from! We received a big shipment of new spring merchandise. I often request to work in the stock room, where I get to open up boxes and unpack whatever is inside. It's like Christmas morning! I always have a warm Starbucks nearby, and I'm surrounded by lovely clothes with flowers and pastels and the cheerful voices of other women. I'm lucky to have the privilege of a part-time job that I can "get away to". Most working people have jobs that they can't wait to get away from!

I have a lot of fun new product to showcase in the upcoming week...Cosmo Cricket's new line, and an array of Glimmer Mists from Tattered Angels. Can't wait to play! Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment