Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Best Friends


A few days ago, I was doing some housecleaning upstairs, and when I came down, this is what I saw: a trail of pillows leading to a blanket-covered mound.



When I got a little closer, I saw that there was a snout sticking out from underneath the blankets!


I lifted the blanket, and there was Maggie, giving me this priceless look. I think this expression says "Mom, look at the things I do for the love of our boy!"



There's no doubt about it. Sam and Maggie are best friends! They play together all day long!



I made today's card for the SCS Sketch challenge. I found these old papers from Crate Paper's Cowgirl collection.

{recipe: Stamps from Pure Innocence (MFT Stamps), papers from Crate Paper Cowgirl Collection, soft suede cardstock, Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock, Versafine onyx ink, prisma markers, ric rac ribbon, pebble, sewing machine}

Did you notice the sewing on my card? I love it when papercrafting is combined with stitching and fabrics and other non-traditional materials. I just got an email from Archivers, and this is the hot trend du jour. Singer has even made a new Pixie machine for papercrafters!

And speaking of this trend, did you see the new stamp sets at Gina K? She has two new stamp sets that are needle art inspired! I can't wait to order them! The sentiment set looks like a cross-stitched sampler...too cute!

I think I might try to call a friend or two today...I could use a little friend time, even if it's just over the telephone.

2 comments:

  1. First, LOVE the new blog look! Very "funky fresh" (to quote my daughter). What a funny sight to see...boy's best friend! That's priceless. And last, but not least, your card is adorable. I like how you layered the image over the circle with a little bit hanging over the edge. The ric rac and stitching is perfect here! Off to check out Gina K's new goods. TFS!

    ReplyDelete