Sunday, March 21, 2010

Encouraged


We had a wonderful time at our women's minstry event yesterday! The women from my Bible study group really outdid themselves! The church was lovely, and I know the women had a great time of fellowship together!



Here's our speaker, Dawn Beaty, and her teacup treasures.



Our place settings looked so bright and cheery!



The women loved their flower pens! I even saw a few being put to use at church today!




The coffee bar saw a lot of action yesterday!



Sarah, our kitchen coordinator, found these adorable plates and napkins on clearance, and they matched our theme perfectly!



Our welcome center was a welcome sight with those lovely flowers! You know that an event is a success when the women start talking about the NEXT event they'd like to have! This is a really big thing for our little church, and I think this is just the spark we needed to get our women's ministry up and rolling.

Let me tell you...after working at this event AND working at my job for two days, I crashed last night! But I'm feeling refreshed and ready for action today. I shared with the women how important Bible study is to me. It's the best 90 minutes of my week. It refreshes me and equips me in my job of women's ministry all week long. And you know what? I conduct my women's ministry wherever I am: at my job at the women's clothing store, I minister to a woman who is discouraged because she's gained weight. I celebrate with a woman who's lost weight. I mourn with a daughter who is returning her mother's clothes because her mother passed away before she could wear them. I comfort a woman who is facing a mastectomy in the days ahead.

The truth is, wherever God has placed us at any given moment is our mission field. It's up to each of us to bloom where we are planted.

Spring is finally here, and the first bloom of crocus are popping up in our yard. Now that I'm inspired and refreshed, I think I'll have a few more spring projects to show this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment