Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Garden Variety


I just love these new papers from Cosmo Cricket called Garden Variety! They are sweet enough to eat! I decided to make a farm fresh card with them today, using an old classic stamp set that I HAD to have last year. It's seeing ink for the first time today. :)



{recipe: Walk This Way (SU), Garden Variety by Cosmo Cricket, always artichocke/basic black, crushed curry cardstock, cc ink, versafine onyx ink, Pure Luxury ivory cs, pinking scissors, velvet flower from Maya Road, button, dmc floss}

Isn't this fresh? Speaking of fresh, I made the best guacamole last night! I got the recipe from an adorable waitress at a Mexican restaurant. When she saw me writing down the ingredients, she gave me a few tips from her Abuela (that's Grandmother in Spanish). First, if you want to keep guac overnight, you can add a little milk or mayonaisse...probably something to do with the lactic acid keeping it fresh. She said in Mexico, they always add a little dried oregano on top of the guac before serving. Mmm! Here it is:

2 ripe avocados, pitted and then mashed in bowl
fresh cilantro, chopped diced tomatoes
chopped diced green chiles
chopped red onion
kosher salt
juice of one lime
oregano on top

Mix it all together in a nice chunky conglomeration, and serve with some healthy whole grain nacho chips (I like scoops!).

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is a sweet card. Love the layout. I am enjoying what you have been posting lately...cute stuff. (Sorry I don't comment more often!) Have a yummy cuppa joe today...spring is on it's way! Soon we'll be enjoying iced coffee. ;)

    ReplyDelete