Monday, March 1, 2010

Glimmer Mist

I picked up some Glimmer Mists from Tattered Angels last week. I've been intrigued with this new product and thought I'd give it a try. The mist comes in a bottle and is offered in various colors. Tattered Angels also sells templates and matching clear stamps that you can use with the mists to achieve a layered, vintage effect. The frugal me decided that she didn't need templates. The frugal me thought she could easily make her own with stamps and scrap paper. Well, the frugal me didn't quite realize how much work it would take to cut out some of these intricate swirls...easy was not part of the project. Next time, I'm telling the frugal me to buy the *?&! templates!

I decided to stamp the swirl first onto rich razzleberry cardstock. Then I layed the cutout image from the same stamp directly over the image and sprayed right over the top of the whole card with the copper Glimmer Mist. Then, I carefully peeled off the mask, and you can see the effect here:



I also used the mist to color the Prima flower. It's fun stuff!

{recipe: Baroque Motifs (SU), Fancy Flexible Phrases (SU), rich razzleberry ink and cardstock, copper cardstock and cord, gold ribbon, prima flower, making memories brad, pearls, punches}


Thanks for popping in to the cafe today. I'm feeling a little sluggish this afternoon...time to go make myself a Caramel Latte. Would you like a nice frothy cup, too?

2 comments:

  1. MaryRose, loved the glimmermist idea. Simple, but effective! Thanks for the kind "shout out" to your Splitcoaststampers about mystery series and their authors.

    ReplyDelete