Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Retirement


I have a good friend back in Michigan who retired recently. I thought I'd make him a card to let him know that the world of pipe will never be the same without him!

I made this for today's Clean and Simple challenge to add several shapes to a card front. here, I used rectangles and circles. I thought Cosmo Cricket's "The Boyfriend" papers would be a fun accent.

{recipe: Congrats (SU), Versafine Onyx ink, Pure Luxury ivory card stock, crushed curry card stock and ink, basic black card stock, real red card stock, yellow brad, Cosmo Cricket "The Boyfriend" papers, circle punch, scallop circle punch, crushed curry polka ribbon}

We've had some wonderful spring-like weather this weekend. You know that spring can't be far behind when my dog wants to go outside every fifteen minutes, just to bask in the sunshine.

Hope you're basking in the sunshine, too! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. You're such a thoughtful person, Mary Rose! I'm pretty sure that your friend is extremely happy on his retirement, because of this wonderful card! Well guess what? I'm going to make a card for my aunt who is retiring, too!

    ReplyDelete