Monday, March 15, 2010

Indy Flower and Patio Show





I had a wonderful time visiting the Indy Flower and Patio Show this weekend. This year, the show featured twenty nine gardens with the theme "A Novel Idea". Each garden was based upon a popular novel. These photos were taken at the Harry Potter garden. This urn filled with hydrangeas was amazing!


Here's a view of the Hogwarts Express.



This water feature looked like a bubbling cauldron. Very cool!


And here's my Sam dressed up to look like Harry Potter. Too funny! Sam had a great time at the show. He loved the different story themes, and he made it his mission to put his hands into every water feature at the 29 different gardens. (He's such a boy!) I loved the brightly colored flowers and the smells of tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths mixed with that earthy smell of mulch. I know, I'm weird, but I love the smell of good mulch!

I am now inspired to do some serious gardening this season! This week, I'll feature some of the inspirational gardens at the show, as well as some of the cards and crafts that they've inspired me to create! Stop back!

Happy Monday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I would have known this was going on- I would have tried to make it there. It looks like it was beautiful and flowers and color are what I need right now! i totally understand the mulch comment- I am especially fond of the Black Gold myself. Hope to see you soon. Love-Tina

    ReplyDelete