Friday, March 5, 2010

Material Girl


I finally got around to making something with my new Cosmo Cricket papers called "Material Girl". These papers are just adorable, and perfect for the crafty person in your life...they include images of buttons, scissors, measuring tape, spools of thread, vintage patterns...so cute! Today, I mixed a few of the papers with this set from The Saltbox Studio.


When Beth drew the pincushion, she put little circles on the tops of the straight pins...just right for adding some sticky pearls to make them look like straight pins from the sewing basket.


I also love this sentiment. I think of Beth whenever I read a scripture verse from the King James Bible. She loves that translation...so poetic.

Beth told me a fun story yesterday! She's hooked on the Gospel Channel ever since I mentioned the old TV series that they air every night, like "Dr. Quinn". Well, the other night, she was watching "Promised Land" (remember the show where Gerald McRaney plays a Dad who takes his wife and kids on a journey across America in their RV?). In this episode, they went into a flea market/ craft shop, and on the back wall of this scene, there was a display with one of Beth's needleart patterns from Fanci That! I think she said it was the Halloween Tree. What a hoot!

Beth is working more heavily in the needle arts than the stamping these days, and you can see some of her handiwork at Threadworx (link on the right). She's making lovely online magazines for this company.



My son, Luke (left), is heading home for his spring break today. We're looking forward to spending some quality time together...in the laundry room, in the kitchen, at the mall. :) I guess I'm just a mom that loves having her sons around her. My son, John, is on the right, and my son, Sam, took the photo. Good times!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and there's a hint of a warm breeze in the air. I hope your weekend is spring-like, too!

2 comments:

  1. Love how this card came together. Papers, image, sentiment, pearls, button and the zig-zag edge! All look so great together. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! The colors are so bright and great!

    ReplyDelete