Saturday, March 27, 2010

Scent-Inspired

Do you have a signature fragrance? I'm a fickle fragrance wearer. I guess I've never been married to a scent for long. Last year, I wore Coco Channel and Miss Dior in the fall and winter. In the spring and summer, I like a lighter fragrance like Crabtree and Evelyn's Rose Water. In years past I wore Jessica McClintock, then switched to Anick Goutal's Gardenia Passion. Recently, I've been wearing two fragrances from Lollia...Relax and Wish. Wish is a little sweeter than I thought it would be, so I apply it very sparingly. I think I fell in love with the beautiful bottles more than the actual scent! ha ha!


Today's Inspiration challenge at Splitcoast Stampers was to visit the Thymes fragrance website and create a card from an image. I've enjoyed a few fragrances from Thymes...I really like the Green Tea, as well as the Fig Leaf and Cassis. One of my favorites was called Filigree. I'm not certain that Thymes even makes these scents anymore!

I decided to use this foldover sketch from Kimono Rose for my card:




{recipe: Best Yet (SU), blue cardstock (12 x 12), Basic Grey's Urban Prairie papers, pink ribbon, flowers}

So tell me...what's your signature scent?

This week, I think my signature scent is probably coffee bean. I've been putting in a lot of hours at work, and I am beat! Coffee is the only thing that keeps me going. But tonight, I may fill the big bathtub with a nice scent and have a good soak and a cup of tea.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness is this a pretty card! It's so nice that even though you are working a lot of hours, you are still finding time to do what you love. I don't have a signature scent. I love White Linen by Estee Lauder but haven't purchased it in years. Light Blue is what I'd really love to own! I usually wear something from Bath & Body Works. Warm scents in the winter and fruity or clean, light scents in summer. Thanks for adding a splash of pretty to my day. I needed that. :)

    ReplyDelete