Monday, March 22, 2010

Stitchin' Stuff


Last week, Sam and I ate lunch at our favorite spot, Ginger's Cafe. Sam ordered his usual...pancakes and bacon. And while he waited for his food, he scouted out the empty tables for a cool game to play. Ginger's keeps a fun game at each table.


I had the St. Patrick's Day special, otherwise known as the Jigg's dinner. Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and bread pudding. Yum!


On the wall next to our table is the most amazing quilt! Each block represents one of the fifty states of the USA. Each state is done in needlepoint, and each square shows the state's flower, the state bird, the year it became a state, and if it was one of the thirteen original colonies.



Here's the great state of Michigan!


And our former and current states of residence!

After lunch, we popped over to Always in Stitches. I was inspired to finish my Easter pillow wrap project. Here it is!


This wrap is going to my mom so that she can take off the Christmas pillow cover and decorate her home with something that looks a little more seasonally appropriate!

I have a few more spring stitching projects in the works. Lately, I've had the itch to do another punch needle project. Hmmm...I wonder which one it will be! Now that spring is here, should I start on the summer projects? Nah, I think I'll enjoy the season we're in for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary...I can't wait until I'm sitting at that table...right there with you and Sam! He looks sooo cute. Give him a big hug from aunt jenny xo

    ReplyDelete