Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stress Relief


Yesterday was a really stressful day. I was fretting about a heavy work schedule and trying to sort out child care issues with after school activities. You know, just another typical day of being a mom, trying to juggle and keep all the balls in the air. It was a painful reminder that when you move away from family and friends, you are left with no support system and have to become self-reliant. It can be really tiring.

I decided that the best stress reliever was gardening. So my lab and I went outside to do some raking and pruning and tending to the garden. It was nice to see the early growers this season. The chives look healthy and happy.



The oregano is ready for the next spaghetti dinner.



The tender shoots of rhubarb are making an appearance, too.



I made this card for today's Ways To Use It Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. Today is the fifth anniversary for this challenge! I got to thinking about where I was five years ago. I was probably at the computer armoire in the living room of my house in Michigan, looking over the cottage garden and the tree swing in the Linden tree, and wondering what life would be like in St. Louis. Wow. That was an action-packed five years!

This will be a very belated birthday card for my step-mother-in-law, Shirley Ann! This card is propped next to a patch of thyme, the same herb featured on this stamp.

{recipe: Herb Expressions (SU), Earth Love papers (Cosmo Cricket), groovy guava cardstock, Pure Luxury kraft and ivory cardstock, Martha Stewart punches, word window punch, kraft ribbon, prisma markers, souffle pen, pearl brads}

3 comments:

  1. I am really getting into gardening myself and I do find it is very relaxing. I think it is because it provides what is known as flow.

    Flow is when you are so absorbed in something else that worries etc cannot creep in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card-your growing season is slightly ahead of ours here in Pittsburgh-tulips have popped through but none of my herbs as yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your new, fun background inspired you. Is it just me or do you see the design similarities? Very cute.

    ReplyDelete