Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Two Wheels Good


A big milestone was achieved last weekend. Sam learned how to ride his two wheel bike!



Look, Ma! No training wheels! And no helmut. grrrr! We're going to have some serious discussions about that issue this summer! He's getting a little better about wearing it...he just needs constant reminders.

My husband and I call Sam our warrior child. He takes life head on, with sword raised and a battle cry ready. Not surprising that he tackled bike riding the same way. My husband took him to the park, put him on the flat grassy area with his bike, gave him a shove, and Sam was biking like he'd been doing it his whole life. Today the cul de sac, tomorrow the Tour de France!




I wanted to make Sam a card to tell him how proud I am of the way he's growing! This card worked for the color challenge and the sketch challenge at SCS. I used the bike from the stamp set Life Cycles (SU), but only inked the bike and not the basket filled with flowers that's attached to the handle bars. I also pulled out my Texture Boutique machine to do a little embossing today!

{recipe: Life Cycles (SU), The Boyfriend papers (Cosmo Cricket), basic gray, so saffron, bermuda bay card stock, bermuda bay ink, versafine onyx ink, prisma markers, silver brads, Sizzix embossing folder}

No comments:

Post a Comment