Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wearin' O' The Green


One of my favorite gardens at the Indy Flower and Patio show featured greenery...lots and lots of greenery! A lot of gardeners try to be showy with flowers, but I love the subtle beauty of green plants and shrubs. This garden made an amazing wave using coleus.


I also loved the subtle pops of color with the purple alliums. I fell in love with coleus last season...they were definitely the stars of my garden. But this year, I may need to plant some allium bulbs. too.


And here is Sam, putting his hand in another water feature. What a silly boy!



Today's card was inspired by my love of the green garden. And what better day to be wearin' o the green than St. Patrick's Day! I don't know why this little Pure Innocence girl needed the fairy wings, but she just did. A little Celtic magic, perhaps?

{recipe: 4- Leaf Clover (Pure Innocence stamps from MFT), Pure Luxury ivory cardstock, Cosmo Cricket Earth Love paper, wild wasabi/garden green/sage shadow cardstock, versafine onyx ink, prisma markers, sage shadow ink, scallop edge punch, folk heart punch, coluzzle, Making Memories felt flower brad}

Sam and I are going out to lunch before kindergarten today. We're visiting our favorite restaurant, Ginger's Cafe. Sam plans on ordering the pancakes, but I'll be having the Jiggs dinner special...corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes. Yum!

I need to repeat the sentiment of today's card. I am lucky to have so many online friends here at the cafe and at Splitcoast Stampers. Your comments always warm my heart. Some may call it luck, but I know that I'm just blessed, plain and simple.

I hope you're feeling the Luck O' The Irish today, too!

2 comments:

  1. Fun card mary Rose! I love what you did with the hearts. Thanks for playing along with MFT's WSC this week!

    ReplyDelete