Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Monday



Happy Easter, everyone! Did April sneak up on you, too? Seriously, I do not know where the time has gone these past few weeks! I was on the phone with my college son tonight, and when I looked up at the wall in my studio, the calendar was still showing the month of March! I think that time just slips out of your hands when you have a busy work schedule.

Our Easter was very nice. We spent the morning with our church family, where I helped serve pancakes and sausage to our congregation at breakfast. My husband read the lessons at services ( he has such a nice speaking voice!). Then we came home for a big ham/potatoes/green bean casserole dinner, and then a bike ride to work off that big Easter dinner. The weather was amazing! I don't remember ever having an Easter that was so warm and sunny!

After a busy day at work, I came home to do a little craft unwinding. Today's Clean and Simple challenge? Make a card that features a stamped sentiment and no other stamps. Today's sentiment was perfect:

"God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees, and flowers, and clouds, and stars.- Martin Luther"

Wow, Martin was right about that! This weekend, it was like God showed the story of resurrection in all of nature...the flowers began to bloom, the trees began to leaf out, and the grass greened. This morning as I drove to work, I marveled at how our Bradford Pear trees on the street opened with the sunrise. So lovely!

For this card, I decided to make a flower using punches, and then had some fun doodling with my Sakura Micron pen!

{recipe: Friend to Friend (SU), pink pirouette cardstock, Basic Grey Sugared papers, scallop circle punches, oval punch, circle punch, sakura micron pen, versafine onyx ink}

"Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of His glory." Isaiah 6:3

Happy Easter Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment