Monday, April 19, 2010

A Gift for a Grandma



Yesterday, I had to attend the baby shower for a coworker who recently became a grandmother. Yes, apparently grandmother showers are all the rage. Where have I been? Anyhoo, I decided to make a little grandma brag book with some supplies I had piled up in the craft studio. I had a small square chipboard spiral book and a scrapbooking kit from Stampin' Up (I'm Here-Boy). I sat down at my table, and about an hour later, I had a simple, completed scrapbook, ready for gift giving.

The pages were very simple. I just used elements from the kit and tried not to get too fancy.




And after all that crafting, I realized I still had to make a card! So I whipped out my favorite baby stamp from Puns From The Past (SU) and made this fast card:


{recipe: Puns From The Past (SU), so saffron/certainly celery/bashful blue cardstock, Delciate Dots paper (SU), sahara sand ink, scallop edge and square punch, blue taffeta ribbon}

I wrapped up the gift with an archival -safe pen and double-sided tape, put it in a pretty bag, and brought it to the grandmother shower.

Guess what?

It turns out, it wasn't really a grandmother shower after all! The mother and the baby were there, along with the grandmother, and as they start to open presents, I realized "Oh crap! This is a baby shower!" I'd been duped. What to do! I grabbed my present from the "baby shower gifts" table and told the mother of the baby "I hope you're not offended, but this present is for the grandmother!"

I don't think the mother appreciated it, but I know the grandmother did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment