Saturday, April 24, 2010

Out of the Box


I've been showing a lot of cards here at the cafe recently, but not a lot of projects. So today I decided to think "out of the box" and make a box instead! I followed instructions from Sunshine Mama Designs that were posted on the Gina K blog. This box was part of Gina's Release Party challenge.


I began by following the box directions using a 12 x 12 piece of card stock and scoring. Before taping the sides together, I stamped this lace doily design on each side (from Gina K's stamp set "Nana's Needlework"). I used garden green ink on garden green card stock.



Next, I made the box top using a piece of 6 X 6 Crushed curry card stock. Before taping, I stamped the edges in crushed curry ink (hard to see here) using a little lace stamp from the same set. Then I taped the four corners to form the lid.



I had some fun scraps of paper from Cosmo Cricket's "Material Girl" papers that seemed to match these images perfectly. I made a patchwork design on top of the box. Then, I tied the box and lid together using River Rock stitched grosgrain ribbon. I slipped on a little tag (sentiment from Gina K's set "Nana's Needlework Sentiments") that I'd stamped with garden green ink and dusty durango ink, then sponged the edges with crushed curry ink.

Fast, fun, and ready for gift giving!

BLOG GIVEAWAY!

Speaking of gifts, I have a really fantastic giveaway that I will announce on Monday! Make sure that you stop back to the cafe with coffee cup in hand!

1 comment:

  1. I've had a few days that I was MIA this week and look at all the goodies you've created! Such pretty eye candy this week. TFS!

    ReplyDelete