Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rock Stars


Are we ever too old for rock stars? When I was much younger, I remember seeing U2 in concert. It was the Joshua Tree tour (I'm really dating myself, aren't I?), and I recall seeing Bono on stage and thinking "If I could but touch the fringe of his suede jacket..." Yes, I was a bit infatuated. But little did I know at the time that God had another man for me to fall in love with who was in that very same stadium at the same concert. Coincidence or God wink? You decide.

I don't get to attend as many concerts these days, but I still have my "rock stars".

Beth Moore is my rock star! I first discovered her five years ago, and after many bible studies, I can honestly say that if she walked into my house today, I'd probably be more than a little tongue tied and starstruck.

Tonight, my small group is starting the Esther bible study, and I'm totally psyched to be getting into the Word with Beth one more time. But there's more!

Next month, I will be heading to Grand Rapids, Michigan to see Beth Moore and her Living Proof Live tour in person! Truly, the excitement may be too much for me. Travis Cottrell and his band will be there, too, and they are awesome. I can't wait to sing and praise and study for an entire weekend with Beth and my mom and sisters along for the ride. What a blessing!

If you are interested in seeing Beth live or via simulcast, you can click on the link for Beth's website and check out her future events.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment