Monday, May 24, 2010

Living Proof Live


I'm back! What an awesome, inspiring weekend I had! I spent three days in Grand Rapids, Michigan attending the Living Proof Live conference with Beth Moore at the Van Andel Arena. The music? Fantastic! Travis Cottrell and his band were amazing. And Beth? Funny, wise, adorable, faith-filled, and fabulous.



At one point, Beth was on stage with the band, singing with over 7,000 women, and I was nearly overcome with joy. I was singing "In Christ Alone", one of my favorite songs, with Beth Moore under the same roof! It was too much.

While browsing through her books during a break, I got into a conversation with a complete stranger about the bible study, "Believing God". We talked about how much this study meant to us, and we both teared up when discussing it! Wow.



I learned so much at this conference. For starters, I learned that there are some things in my life that just aren't producing fruit for the amount of time I put into them. I came home and de-activated my Facebook account. I also decided to take a new "less is more" approach to blogging. I'm pruning out some things to make way for some new endeavors. It is all good.



It was such a blessing to spend time with my mom and sister, Tina. We laughed, we sang, we cried, we talked, we ate, we slept, we shopped, we walked...just lots of fellowship.

Grand Rapids was such a lovely city. Dang, I really do miss Michigan. It's so beautiful on the western coast. There is a quality to the landscape there that is amazing...lush forests, crystal lakes and pristine beaches. Michigan summers are the reward for those brave few who survive the Michigan winters.

Hope your weekend was a blessing, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment