Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Reasons to Celebrate


Mother's Day was a good day. After working that morning, I came home to lots of spoiling from my boys. Sam made me an awesome card ( I'll post it tomorrow!). My big boys gave me a DVD I can't wait to see ("The Young Victoria"), and my sweet husband gave me these new Sketchers Shape Ups. We took them for a test drive on a walk with our lab, Maggie. These shoes are really unique. I can feel my posture improving when I wear them. They come with a workout DVD, and when you read the testimonials, it sounds as if they'll do everything but clean your house and balance your checkbook!



My sweet hubby also gave me these lovely roses. They are the perfect pink! There were so many roses in the bouquet that I now have them in three different vases scattered throughout the house. This is my favorite vase...a nice short Longaberger pottery that's perfect for all bouquets. I love to chop long stemmed roses and put them in a squat vase. After all, you want to see the flower, not the stem.



Today's card is flowery, festive and fun. I made this for the SCS sketch challenge. I'm still adding to my stash of graduation cards!

{recipe: French Flair (SU), Carte Postale (SU), Fancy Flexible Phrases (SU), Pure Luxury Kraft cardstock, Versafine sepia ink, Garden Gala papers and fabric ribbon (Webster's Pages), Prima flowers, amuse twinkles}

It's a gray, rainy spring day...a perfect day for a cup of coffee and a craft in hand. Thanks for stopping in to the cafe today!

No comments:

Post a Comment