Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sentimental Attachment


Have you ever been sentimentally attached to something? For some odd reason, I'm attached to my patio furniture. I know, weird, right? But we've had this set at every house we've lived in, and I'm not ready to give it up just yet.

We bought this set from the Martha Stewart line at KMart about eleven years ago. At the time, we were living small in our 900 square foot cottage, and this pretty patio set turned our concrete slab into an outdoor room. Once upon a time, it had a matching umbrella (long gone) and matching cushions. Well, Ed and I are not the best at bringing those cushions in during inclement weather. After ten years, the cushions began to develop tears last summer. We thought of replacing the set, but truly, it's still in decent shape after eleven years. Sure, the paint may be peeling in some places, but it just makes it look vintage.

Why do I love it so much? Well, for starters, it has an awesome lazy susan in the center of the table.


The table has a lovely etched leaf design.



The wrought iron chairs have a pretty leaf backing.


And the best part? The set came with five chairs...one for each family member.

I was so happy to find some replacement cushions last weekend at Target (on sale!). When I brought them home, my son, John said that colors in the stripes are the same colors we've used to decorate our main floor living area. He's right. I just love the earthy colors of olive green, mustard yellows, warm browns, and rusty reds.



I used the same colors in today's card.

{recipe: Provencal (SU), Designer Label Punch punch/stamp, Pure Luxury ivory cardstock, Basic Grey Sugared papers, soft suede cardstock, versafine onyx ink, wide oval punch, soft suede ribbon, aged copper hardware}

Movie Recommendation!

Want to see a good chick flick? Last weekend, I went to see "Letters to Juliet" with my bunko friends. They took pity on me when I mentioned that I only get to see the chick flicks when they come to the Redbox. This was a very sweet movie. Sure, it was predictable, but it was also nice to see a movie with no vulgarity, profanity, nudity or violence. Just lovely scenery of the Italian countryside coupled with a mulit-generational love story. I give it two thumbs up!

2 comments:

  1. Not only is the card lovely, your patio set is beautiful, too!! I can understand being sentimental about it ~ and it's a timeless classic besides. That etched leaf design and the chairs ~ *sigh.* Hope you enjoy many more years together :) .

    You are a woman after my own heart ~ I love those same earthy tones, too.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this was from a long time ago and this is a long shot but if you still have that table is there any way I could buy it off you. We have an event center and those are the tables we have on our porch. Unfortunately I broke one of the tables and we need matching ones. I cant find a replacement anywhere but I saw this on goggle. You have no idea this would mean to me.

    ReplyDelete