Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Trendy Birds


There's a funny thread on Splitcoast Stampers this week titled "Trends: Love it/Loathe It" where stampers have listed trends that they love and trends that they hate. Personally, there's not a lot that I really hate in the crafting world. Sure, there are things that are not my cup of tea, but it seems that as soon as I mention that I loathe a thing, someone will make something amazing with that thing to change my mind.

The bird trend has really been around for a while now, and the funny thing is that I haven't tired of it yet. I really do love birds, and I have them in various forms all over my house. I'm a faithful bird feeder, and I love their daily visits to my garden. Their songs and their fluttering wings are just comforting to me.

I found this desk set at T. J. Maxx the other week, and had to have it. I was hoping that the prettiness would compel me to clean my office area. ha ha! I picked up the desk blotter with weekly calendar pad, the clipboard with To Do List, and the weekly planner. And because it was T. J. Maxx, I got them super cheap.



Here's a photo of the clipboard without the notepad and the closed planner.



And here's the weekly planner opened. It has an accordion envelope, notepad, sticky notes, and a weekly calendar notepad.



Last week, I made this Artist Trading Card for the 2010 Scripture Challenge word, "Quiet". I used the verse from Isaiah for my inspiration. I'm a little behind in my words (I think I still need to do "Neighbor" and this week's word, "Example", too!). I am also four days behind in my daily Bible reading. It's another grey and depressing day outside. Do you think that the European ash cloud is to blame? I think I'll make a cup of tea and dig into the Psalms.

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Your ATC is so lovely! I really like the bird and nest! What a wonderful verse too!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete