Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Getting My Groove Back



Hello, friends! I have to apologize for my long absence! A variety of factors contributed to my lack of blogging time...work schedules, Mom taxi schedules, VBS week, and more. But the biggest reason has probably been that I've been out of the house and in the garden. Gardening is one of my favorite hobbies. It's right up there with paper crafting and needle art. When it is growing season, I love to be outside, watering, weeding, and fussing over my plants.




In the herb and vegetable garden, I finally installed lattice fencing to cover up the unsightly air conditioner and gas meter. It also gives a nice backdrop to all of the greenery.


When I began my spring weeding, I noticed a strange new weed had propagated everywhere. But on closer inspection, I found out that it wasn't a weed at all. It was parsley that had reseeded itself. Looks like I'll have a lot of fresh parsley for cooking this season!



I've done a lot of work in the front yard, too. I planted some new spirea bushes called Lemon Princess. They have a lovely lime green leaf that will turn to orange in the fall, and the flowers are pink. I found them on the bargain table at Home Depot, and I knew they'd be perfect for filling some holes in this bed.


This year, I'm trying hot pink vincas in place of the tuberose begonias that I'd planted last year. I've also added lots of Coleus for color.



My color scheme in the front yard is green and purple, with shots of pink and red thrown in the mix. I achieved this color palette with lavendars, Victoria Blue Salvias, Coleus, lobelia, petunias, geraniums, artemesia, vinca, and sweet potato vine.



Today's color scheme was inspired by my garden. I needed a card for a Bunko friend whose father passed away. I decided to use my brand new set from Gina K called Botanicals. It is so easy to use, and the possibilities are endless. If you visit Gina's blog, she was sponsoring a blog hop with this set this week. You can see more amazing samples there!

{Botanicals (Gina K), kiwi kiss ink and cardstock, rich razzleberry ink and cardstock, Pure Luxury ivory cardstock, copper self adhesive brads from Gina K)

Thanks for looking today! And thanks for being patient with me while I find a better blogging balance. I do so love your comments, and you are all friends to me, too. Bless you!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful garden-thanks for sharing all the photos-love the card you created with your garden inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please tell me where you purchased the white lattice screen to cover your meter and air conditioner? Or the brand name maybe? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It's been so many years since I purchased these. My guess is that I bought them from either Home Depot or Menard's. I still have them ,too...three houses and three states later! Hope that helps!

      Delete