Friday, June 11, 2010

I Was Blind...



...but now I see! I finally broke down and bought my first pair of reading glasses. What is it about forty year old eyes? It seems as if your eyesight changes overnight. One day, you're trying to read a menu, and you have to hold it out at arms' length just to read the fine print!



I found this adorable pair of reading glasses in Grand Rapids, Michigan. These are Vera Bradley glasses, and the print is called "Sittin' In A Tree". My sister, Tina, told me to start with a +1.0 magnification, and let my eyes get used to that. Wow. I've really noticed an improvement! These work wonders when I'm reading or doing needlework.



I could not believe how much nicer it was to cross stitch with my new glasses. I may even be able to try smaller cloth counts again! I'm still plugging away on this pillow wrap project. I'm hoping to get it finished before Independence Day for my Mom. Yesterday, I took it to the pool and let Sam and his friend swim while I stitched away in the shade. The kids were happy, I was happy...a win-win situation!

Happy Friday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I completely understand about the reading glasses! It happened to me at 45. I look at cross-stitch projects I made in my 30's when I stitched over one on 36-count linen. Those days are gone.

    ReplyDelete