Saturday, June 12, 2010

Wishing Well Budget Book



My beloved and much-used budget book finally fell apart. I had used it for more than a year to record all of my purchases and keep my budget on track. Recently, it started losing pages and was looking a little worse for the wear. So I decided to make a new book today.

This is a simple cutting and gluing project. The toughest part was picking out which pretty paper to use. I grabbed my stack from Webster's Pages, and when I found this image, I knew it was the one. A wishing well for a budget book! What could be better? When I showed it to my husband, he had to laugh. "Yeah, I wish every month that you'd stay on budget, so that's perfect," he replied. Ha ha. Very funny!



The back of the book has a lovely sentiment in the corner. "Wishes come true". Hmmm. If I wish I had an unlimited budget, would that come true? Not likely, but it's fun to imagine, isn't it? Just think of all the pretty stamps and papers I could show you every month if I wasn't watching all of my pennies go to college tuition! :)



Here's the original book, uncovered. This is a mini composition book, measuring only 4 1/2 X 3 1/2 inches. Perfect for fitting into a purse or bag. My favorite glue for projects like this is Scotch brand Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive. It comes in the tall red bottle, and you can pick it up at any Target or Walmart.

Hope your wishes come true today!

1 comment: