Saturday, July 24, 2010

Date Night


Last Friday, Ed and I enjoyed a fun date night at the Symphony on the Prairie. As you may recall, I had purchased tickets for Ed for Father's Day for this event. The Indy Symphony Orchestra was featuring Sci Fi Spectacular, with special guest, George Takei from Star Trek. We found a great spot under a grove of trees that had decent viewing for the event.


I had packed a gourmet picnic for the two of us...


Completed with dessert and themed napkins for just such an occasion...


I confess, I am a bit of a sci-fi nerd, which is very convenient when you consider that I live in the House of Testosterone. This event was such fun! There were costumed characters roaming through the crowds.




It was a perfect evening to just slip off your sandals and enjoy the music.



When the sun finally set, it was a good time to light the citronella candles.



The performance ended with stirring music from John Williams "Star Wars Episode One" score and fireworks filling the night sky! A perfect ending to a perfect summer's evening.




I love it when a good date night comes together! This was our first time at Symphony on the Prairie, but hopefully not our last. I'm sure that our sons would have enjoyed the evening, too, but what a blessing to spend time alone with my husband.

My dear sweet husband went through the Starbucks drive-thru this morning and brought me home a non-fat cinnamon dolce latte with whip. Isn't that love? Hope your Saturday is sweet, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment