Friday, July 23, 2010

Mojo, On The Mend



Thank you to everyone who left kind comments on my blog post "MIA: My Mojo". You encouraged me more than words can say.

To Tami...thank you for your prayers!

To Nancy...you are right. I do enjoy stamping, and I'm slowly getting back to it.

To Debbie...thank you for letting me know that I'm not alone in my summer funks!

To Kathy T...honey, I know all about that pit! It's a struggle to get out and see the light of day! I'm re-reading Beth Moore's book "Looking Up (when life is looking down)", and it's helping.

To helloholley...is it time for school to start yet? lol! I, too, feel better when I have the structure and schedule back in my life. Thanks for posting about Operation Write Home! I will check them out, and I have prayed for you, too!

Today, I finally got messy and crafty after a long absence. I decided to do some cardstock bleaching. It seems to be a popular technique in the new SU catty, and I haven't attempted it for a while.


Warning: this is stinky and messy! I set out a lot of newspaper to protect my work area. I decided to fold several paper towels together, moisten them lightly, and then add bleach onto the paper towels. This stack of paper towels acts as the ink pad, if you will. You cannot always predict what color the cardstock will bleach to. It's a little like a science experiment. I decided that as long as I was making a mess, I'd do a lot of bleaching at once, just for future projects.



I made today's card for blog poster, Susan, who took it upon herself to organize a chick trip all the way out to Indy to visit me and cheer me up. Isn't that the sweetest thing? Oh, did I mention that Susan is my sister? :) Sue corralled my mom and sister, Jenny, and came out for a few days of fun last week. It was just the medicine that the doctor ordered!



Gina K had featured tent topper cards on Stamp TV this week. It's been a while since I made one, so I decided to give it another go.

{recipe: Baroque Motifs (SU), Rich Razzleberry cardstock and ink, Dusty Durango cardstock, pure luxury ivory cardstock, Making Memories houdstootch check paper, oval punches, scallop square punch, pearls, satin ribbon}



When you slide the ribbon off, it reveals the present inside. A delicious tea from Yogi brand called Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut....so good! It also reveals the sentiment (from Gina K). Thank you, Sue, with all my heart!

Speaking of medicine that the doctor ordered...my doctor did order the medicine, literally. I'm back on a one month treatment of antibiotics, trying to kick my chronic Lyme disease back into remission. It has returned, once again, to plague my summer. It makes me wonder...which came first, the funk or the Lyme (aka the chicken or the egg)? I'm having good days (today is one!) and bad days (yesterday was another!). I'm confident that I'll be back to my happy crafty self one day soon.

There's a great tune they've been playing on K-Love this summer (do you have this station in your area? I love it!). The song is by Nicole C. Mullen, and it says "When I call on Jesus, all things are possible." I'm seeing the possibilities these days, and it's a good feeling.

Thanks for not giving up on the little cafe, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The chicken came first of course. God created the adult animals and then they were to multiply. One of the pastors (Pastor Brassie) at St. John in St. Louis back in the 1990's answered Peter's question...

    ReplyDelete