Monday, August 16, 2010

Retro Monday: Toile Blossoms


Hooo Doggies! Where has the summer gone? The midwest has been suffering from some extended hot spells, and it leaves a gal like me feeling drained. Give me an iced Java Chip Frappucino and a book, and I can call it a day. :)


Today, the weather is a bit cooler, and I had some energy to do something I haven't done in a long time...craft!


I've decided to start a new feature that I'm calling Retro Monday. After all, who wouldn't like to rewind the time on a Monday morning...preferably to the weekend. :) On Retro Mondays, I am going to showcase a new creation using an old stamp set, product, or technique. If you're like me, you're trying to be frugal with crafting and use what you've got. A lot of my stamp sets have not been feelin' the love, and it's time to take them out and give them some new life.
Today's card features the lovely Stampin Up set "Toile Blossoms", circa 2002. It certainly fits in with the popular vintage trend these days, doesn't it? I also used the ancient set "Itty Bitty Backgrounds" from 1998. Wow, I've been stamping a long time!
{recipe: Toile Blossoms, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Friendly Words wheel, Poppy Parade ink and card stock, Pear Pizzazz ink and card stock, ribbon, Amuse heart twinkles, modern label punch, circle punch, foam dimensionals}


How do you like the new SU colors? I re-organized my papers and ink caddy to reflect the new changes. I really like the fresh new look and combinations.

Happy Monday, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! And I love the idea for this new feature - we all have stamp sets that we loved "back when" and seeing new ways to use them is great!

    ReplyDelete