Monday, August 30, 2010

Retro Monday: Feathered Hope


Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was great! College son came home for the weekend, and we had a fun time together...visited the farmer's market, the library, went to Senior son's cross country meet, had a cookout. Good times.

For today's Retro Monday creation, I knew that I had to find an image with my favorite food...apples! This weekend, I picked up some Ginger Gold and Macintosh apples. Delicious! As a matter of fact, today's Clean and Simple challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to make something "Delicious". For me, that's a slightly tart, crisp and juicy apple. Yum!

This image comes from the vintage 1998 SU set, "Feathered Hope". This set was a gift from my dear friend, Gloria. Thank you, friend! I love birds, and these images are so sweet. One thing I love about the vintage SU illustrators of the past was the way they drew in shading, making it so easy to color and get nice results. No need for COPIC certification or other art class training. Just a few markers and colored pencils, and voila!

I added a little bit of recycled cardboard that I'd salvaged from a Capri Sun box. I like to add "found" objects to cards and crafts. I think it gives a nice, homey touch.



{recipe: Feathered Hope (SU), soft sky/soft suede/kraft cardstock, SU Parisian Breeze papers, chocolate ribbon, prisma markers and colored pencils}

Hope your week is full of blessings!

1 comment: