Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Retro Monday: Times and Seasons


Today's Retro Monday creation is being posted on Tuesday. Yeah, I know, I'm a little late. The truth is, I made this card yesterday, but wasn't entirely happy with it. So I left it overnight so that I could stew on it, and today I finally finished it. It just needed a little faux stitching, a few felt flowers, and a hand sewn button to give it the all out country feel that I was going for.

This card uses the very retro stamp set "Times and Seasons" circa 1999. I am not the original owner of this set. Last year, I was on a quest to get some of the vintage stamp sets that had gotten away from me. This was one of the sets that was on my "must have" list. It has lovely images of chickens, pumpkins, apples, bee skeps, and a tractor, for pete's sake...what's not to love? I purchased it from either ebay or Splitcoast Stampers.

I'm sending this card to a church friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer. She's a Michigander, like me, so I thought she'd appreciate a card that says "country" with a cockle-doodle-do.

{recipe: Times and Seasons (SU), Aida Cloth, Kraft card stock, crushed curry ink and card stock, dusty durango cardstock, Cosmo Cricket paper (Material Girl), versafine onyx and sepia inks, prisma markers, polka ribbon, maya road felt flowers, Martha Stewart punch, button and dmc floss}

1 comment: