Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful for Good Health


Last week, I woke up one day and realized that I felt good for the first time all summer. That's the funny thing about good health...we tend to take it for granted. But now that I'm on the mend, I'm enjoying these cooler mornings. I take walks with my dog, I water the garden, I clean the house and still have some energy to spare.


Today was Maggie's recovery day, so no doggie walks for her. I decided to hop on my bike and take a spin to the lake. I biked through fields of wildflowers, along the meandering creek, over the bridge, past fields of newly mown straw and brown stalks of corn. The lake was lovely in the morning, with a few fisherman out on the shore. I passed a lot of other bikers who gave heartfelt "Good Morning!"s and pedaled on their merry way.



After a six mile round trip, I was happy to see my welcome flag as I lugged the bike up the driveway. No doubt I'll be hearing "Hell-o! Remember us? We're your glutes!" tonight. But that's okay. It was worth it. I'm thankful today for good health and energy, for morning glories and bike baskets, for cooler weather and a cool drink at the end of a long ride.



{recipe: Give Thanks (SU), Pure Luxury White and Kraft cardstock, more mustard card stock, papers from SU, scallop circle punch, more mustard ribbon, Memories ink, prisma markers}

No comments:

Post a Comment