Thursday, October 7, 2010

For The Newlyweds


My nephew, George, got married last month on the last Saturday of September. I had planned on attending, but then our family had one medical emergency after another, and we were not able to go. Such a bummer! I had hoped to spend one nice autumn weekend in Michigan visiting family, picking apples, and enjoying the fall colors. I was really excited about attending the wedding reception, which was being held at the Old Mill in historic Dundee, Michigan. Family members told me that the wedding and reception were lovely, though.



I need to send the newlyweds a card and gift. I like to make cards that coordinate with the colors of the bridal party. Usually, the wedding invitation will have some color theme that tips me off. Their invitation had a green ribbon attachment, so I decided that this always artichoke color combination was a pretty close match.

{recipe: Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU), Filigree BG stamp (SU), always artichoke card stock/ ink / ribbon, Pure Luxury Ivory card stock, metallic gold card stock, oval and designer label punches, gold metallic cord, gold heart charm from Mark's Finest Papers, Damask Texture Impressions embossing folder }

I think that the heart charm really makes this card sparkle. I bought a boatload of adorable charms from Mark's Finest Papers. Faith has an amazing selection! I bought hearts, bees, ladybugs, leaves, flowers, holly branches, acorns, and so much more. You can check them out at the link on the right.

It is an amazing autumn day here in the Midwest. I think I'll take my lab, Maggie, for a walk. Blessings on your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment