Monday, October 18, 2010

If At First You Don't Succeed



I finally got the chance to do some paper crafting today. Card making is a lot like exercise...the more you do it, the easier it becomes. And if you don't do it for a while, well, the next time you get around to it, you can be pretty sure that it'll be painful.

A lot of bloggers out there will show you their best, but I'm keeping it real by showing you some of my really ugly creations, too. I started with an idea...I wanted the coffee steam on this card to be white, so I used white craft ink on kraft cardstock. Then I started fooling around with squiggles using a pink souffle pen. It looked like Pepto Bismol. Yuck, and double yuck. I scratched the whole thing and started over...



I gave up on the white steam and kraft idea entirely. This time, I used ivory cardstock and early espresso ink. Much cleaner and all around more pleasing to the eye...and stomach. :)

{recipe: Like It A Latte (SU), sentiment from Morning Star Stamps, ivory card stock, early espresso and blushing bride inks, brown micron pen, amuse twinkles}

I remember when I started paper crafting more than a dozen years ago. Every little piece of card stock and paper was precious! Twelve years and a lot of cards later, I've learned that you sometimes have to toss out a few ugly card fronts and try, try again.

The weather has gotten much cooler here. We turned on the fireplace for the first time today. It's the perfect opportunity to whip up a latte, grab a good book, and enjoy.

Blessings on your week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for explaining why I have such a hard time (most of the time) making cards that I'm happy with! I allow too much time between my cardmaking ventures! I keep telling myself that I need to make a card every day... or at least 3 or 4 a week, but I just never do that and then when I really need to make a card or two or like for Christmas... a bunch, I'm just "stuck". This year's Christmas cards never got made (my perfectionism made me throw out a few tries and then I gave up) so I'm hoping to get some New Year's cards done.

    ReplyDelete