Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Right Around The Corner



Do you know how I can tell that the holiday season is coming? My busyness quotient has doubled in the last two weeks! Between school functions, work schedules, and household stuff, I haven't had a chance to catch my breath in quite a while. Yesterday, I needed to be three people to get everything accomplished. In the end, I resolved myself to the fact that I was only one person, and would therefore be disappointing two other individuals in the process. I wish I could have worked AND taken my son for his senior photos and driver's ed lesson AND gone to my youngest son's parent-teacher conference. But in the end, we split three duties among two parents and I told work "I gotta go!"

We have been unpacking tons of holiday boxes at the specialty women's store where I work this week. We even listen to Christmas music in the back room while working on stock, just to put us in the spirit. I know, I know...it seems really early. But when you work retail, it just makes sense to stay ahead.

Crafters tend to stay ahead as well. So today, I made this Christmas card that had been floating around in my head. The Clean and Simple challenge for the week was to use gingham in a card. Well, you didn't have to twist my arm for this one! I LOVE gingham! Not only did I use it as a border, but I also used gingham to paper piece the ribbon on the wreath here:



If you love gingham, then make sure you have a pack of Amuse gingham papers on hand in a variety of colors. And while you're at it, stock up on the Amuse twinkles as well. I used them to make the berries on this wreath.

{recipe: Deck the Door (The Saltbox Studio), Pure Luxury ivory card stock, red cardstock, Amuse gingham papers, Versafine onyx ink, prisma markers, Amuse twinkles, Pear Pizzazz ink for sponging}

The holidays are right around the corner...can the Peppermint Mocha Lattes be far behind? Thanks for visiting the cafe today! Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment