Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Little Peace and Quiet



I've been enjoying some peaceful pursuits this week. I finally got around to finishing one of my many UFOs (UnFinished Objects!). I began this project to give to a friend LAST Christmas, but never got it finished in time. This pattern comes from Homespun Elegance. I love all the little star charms and colonial knots. It was a lot of fun to stitch, and I think it looks great on the blue background.

Here's my question...now that the stitching's done, how should I finish it? Should I turn it into a stuffed ornament? A pillow? Maybe a flatter doorknob hanger? I'd love to hear your finishing suggestions!




And this has been my other time consumer of the week. My Nook, er, uh, I mean my son's Nook. See, I bought it for his birthday gift this summer, but now that he's in his senior year with a full course load of AP classes, he doesn't have much time for extracurricular reading. So I am "borrowing" his Nook for a while.

I am surprised by how much I enjoy reading on this little gizmo! I downloaded a few new titles this week, but would like to add more. Any suggestions? During the holiday season, I like to read a few Christmas stories to get me in the spirit. Thus far, I've added "Mrs. Miracle" and the sequel, "Call Me Mrs. Miracle" by Debbie Macomber. If you have any good holiday titles to suggestion, I'd love to hear them!

We've been enjoying some unseasonably warm weather this week here in the Midwest. I was able to clean up the garden, put away the tomato cages, and lay some fresh mulch around my new rose bushes. The garden is now ready for the cold spell that is coming our way later this weekend. I think I'll spend a leisurely Saturday doing some window shopping in our little "downtown", with a cup of coffee in hand.

Blessings on your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are enjoying the Nook. I've been considering an ereader and it's nice to hear your recommendation. If you like Mrs. Miracle you will like the rest of Debbie Macomber's Christmas stories. Check out her website for a list. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete