Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mad About Plaid


Last week, my son, John, was in my office and blurted out "Hey! The pear tree has changed color!"

Well, yeah. It is autumn after all.

But John pointed out to me that last year, the tree never changed color. As a matter of fact, green leaves still clung to the tree in the middle of winter. We've had some heavy frosts here, and apparently it triggered all of the Bradford Pear trees on our street to switch into autumn mode. The effect is stunning! My studio now glows pink in the daytime, thanks to the pear tree outside the window.

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week? Where has the time gone?

I decided to get busy and make a Thanksgiving card today. I used my stash of Daisy D Moda papers for this card. I am mad about plaid. Can you see my plaid curtains in the window above? There's just something so homey about plaid. It brings to mind a cozy flannel shirt or a warm Woolrich blanket. I added a little real stitching (buttons), and a little faux stitching to give this card a prim feel. You know what cracks me up? My faux stitching is just as crooked as my real stitching! ha ha!



{recipe: stamps from The Saltbox Studio, Daisy D Moda papers, blue bayou cardstock, riding hood red card stock, kraft card stock, twill ribbon, buttons, dmc floss, versafine onyx, prisma markers}

Hope your day is warm and cozy!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card. Love the stitching...both real and faux!

    ReplyDelete