Tuesday, November 23, 2010

More Thanks



I've been making a few more Thanksgiving cards...nothing like waiting until the last possible minute! This card has repeating shapes of ovals and rectangles. I tried a ribbon treatment here that I haven't done in a long time. I used a punch that takes notches out of each corner. Then, you very carefully take a length of thin corded ribbon and wrap it around each corner, making sure to secure each end on the back with a small piece if Scotch tape. This makes a nice presentation for Christmas cards, too.


{recipe: Autumn Days (SU), All Year Cheer (SU), cajun craze ink and card stock, concord crush ink and card stock, Pure Luxury Ivory card stock, oval punch, corner punch, gold corded ribbon, gold organdy ribbon, gold Stickles}

Thanksgiving for Africa:

As we prepare for Thanskgiving feasting this week, it is a good time to remember those less fortunate people around the world who are dying of malnutrition and disease. In a world where we burn corn for fuel, it seems impossible that there are people who suffer from starvation.

Today, KLove radio stations around the U.S. are collecting donations for West Africa, an area of the world that is suffering from severe famine because of drought. Your gift today will be quadrupled thanks to the generosity of several corporations. That means if you gave $100, it would actually be a donation of $400 to feed the hungry! All monies raised will be given to World Vision, an organization that has helped the poor and hungry around the world. You can find out more by clicking on the World Vision link on the right, or visiting this website:

www.klove.com


1 comment:

  1. What a cool punch. I can't believe I've never seen it. I keep thinking I have all the punches I need and more and then I see one like this that I just have to have! LOL! Hope it's still available. I'll definitely be looking for it! I love the look it gives to run the cord through the notches and around the cardstock. Very pretty card, also!!

    ReplyDelete