Saturday, November 27, 2010

Small Business Saturday


Good morning! Did you survive the Turkey feasting and Black Friday shopping? My husband and I both worked yesterday...such are the joys of retail! It was a day with steady traffic, and by all accounts, it seemed that business was good.

Did you know that today is Small Business Saturday? Today is the day that we can go out and show some support and love to our local small businesses that are the backbone of the national economy. My husband and I both work for major retailers, so my endorsement of Small Business Saturday may come as a shock to some. But the truth is that the success of small business is a key component and vital part to the economic recovery of this country. We have to do everything we can to help small businesses survive and thrive. Our country's financial security depends upon it!

I support a lot of local brick and mortar shops, as well as my favorite online small businesses. In the photo above, I featured my favorite candlesticks (Three French Hens, Wildwood, Missouri) and my favorite crow (from Horton's on the Main at Logan's Antique Mall, Noblesville, Indiana).

Today, I'm going to grab a Winter Wonderland latte from Noble Tea and Coffee and visit some of my favorite shops on the historic square. I may even try to find an item for some blog candy, so stop back to the cafe soon!

For more info, visit here: www.smallbusinesssaturday.com

1 comment:

  1. I heard this on HGTV yesterday and saved my shopping at Lady C's in Sylvania Ohio for today! And I have learned well from you- I picked up a Mint Mocha at Chandler's Cafe on the way! Take care. Love- Tina

    ReplyDelete