Monday, December 13, 2010

In The Thick Of It

This week, I am working on my craft/studio renovation project. As with any room remodel, there comes a point when it has to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Today, the mess was overwhelming! But I think I've turned a corner, and I'm hopeful that tomorrow I will be able to pull it all together.

Thus far, I've moved three quarters of my stamps and about half of my unused crafting supplies into storage. I moved two shelving units out of the room, and I've swapped my computer and printer out of the armoire and onto the desktop. Wow...I really love the computer in this spot! Now, I can type at my computer, look out into the great room, and look out the window. It just felt too claustrophobic in the armoire.

As I was sorting through the stamp sets, I found the neglected set "Moose You". I thought the deer would make a cute Rudolph. So tonight, I took a few minutes to craft a little something for the Clean and Simple challenge.



{recipe: Moose You (SU), Snow Angels (SU), Cosmo Cricket Wonderland papers, soft suede ink and cardstock, amuse twinkle, word window punch, modern label punch, ribbon}


The kids had a snow day today. Tomorrow, they will be on a two-hour delay thanks to the frigid arctic temperatures. Brrr! I think tomorrow will be another full day of cleaning and sorting. Stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. I am hoping that you will have this down to a science and can help me get my room in order when you come home! Is it this time of year that makes us want to do this? I told Doug that I would like my sewing room to be completely 'made over' and that he can call it my Christmas gift. Keep us posted and please post some pictures of the room. Love-Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your purge! By, the way the Rudolph moose is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete