Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions 2011


Happy New Year, friends!

Can you believe it? In just a few hours, it will be 01/01/11. Cool, huh?

We are not big party animals on this night. We prefer to stay home with our boys, cook a good dinner, play a board game and watch a good movie. I do love the concept of the holiday. There's something gratifying about that brand new calendar and all the possibilities that it holds.

I try to come up with five new resolutions every year. This year, I have a few good ones. Here they are:

1.) Walk with Jesus in 2011. I'll be reading the entire new testament, along with other books and studies on Jesus. I can't wait to see how this unfolds!

2.) Run a 5K. This is a direct result of making the glib comment in front of sisters that I'd like to start running this year. Before I knew it, I was buying running shoes and promising to enter a 5K with them this spring. The moral of this story? Be very careful who your audience is when you talk smack! ;)

3.) Budget, budget, budget! I vow to cut down on the clothing and craft budgets ( the clothing budget was tough this year, as I work for a women's clothing retailer!). We'll have another son entering college this year, and I'll have to control spending and increase salary.

4.) Make more cards, mail more cards, submit cards for publications, and look into selling cards this year, too.

5.) Become a proficient baker of bread this year. I've gathered up the ingredients and will be adding a few new tools to the kitchen for this task. I've even acquired two new books to aide me in this process! One was a gift from Mom, and another was a Barnes and Noble special. (The Kitchenaid mixer on the cover? I must get one this year!)




Earlier this week, I was able to have breakfast with a dear friend. Amy and I have been friends since kindergarten! We were both in our hometown for the holidays...she from St. Louis, and me from Indy. We snuck away for a few hours to eat, drink coffee, and catch up on life. What a blessing!



Amy has always been one of my most stylish friends. When the rest of us were poor college students decorating with plastic crates, Amy was acquiring antiques and furniture. She has a sort of midcentury modern cool sensibility. She is a graphic artist and a collector of some amazing McCoy pottery. Aren't old friends just wonderful?

I am sending Amy today's card. She will totally get the kitschy design of this card!

{recipe: Cosmo Cricket Early Bird papers, Pure Luxury ivory card stock, Bazzill textured polka paper, Prima flowers, brads}

So tell me, what are your resolutions this year?

Blessings to all in 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Love the list- mine are very similar! I will finish my Old Testament reading this hour and am looking forward to the New Testament. The 5K? Glad that you finally brought it up in your blog! You made me LOL! Doug and I joined Wildwood Athletic club today and I am hoping to get on a 5K training program there. Planning a very quiet New Year's Eve here as well. I like that this 'holiday' can be as quiet and personal as you want it to be. Enjoy your family time and Happy New Year to you all! Love-Tina

    ReplyDelete