Monday, December 20, 2010

A Splitcoast Honor


I received an amazing letter in my email box yesterday. MyPrecious from Splitcoast Stampers had sent me a note that said "Congratulations! You are FS202!"

FS202?

As it turns out, I was chosen as the Featured Stamper of the week! Yes, I was truly slack-jawed when I heard the news. Speechless! Fabulous stampers at SCS are using my humble gallery for their inspirations this week!

Now, the irony of this great honor has not been lost on me. As you know, I was ready to chuck this craft and all its accoutrements of the past ten years, just last week! I cleaned my craft room instead, and vowed to keep things simple.

Simple is good. My gallery is simple. And now my craft room is simple, too.

I am truly honored to be the Splitcoast Featured Stamper. I am so thankful for the friends I have made there, and for the friends who visit my cafe. I have had my ups and downs, my achievements and my struggles. But in the end, there has always been great blessing. I am so thankful!

Just last week, my mother encouraged me to keep on stamping. "You have a gift," she said. It was very sweet. Mom knows how much the craft has meant to me, and she also knows how much I want to pursue my other gift of writing. If I can use these gifts of the Spirit for God's glory, then all the better!

Thank you, friends! As the card says "what can I say? you made my day!"

Bless you!

{recipe: Snow Flurries (SU), Stem Sayings (SU), Pure Luxury white cardstock, Early Espresso and Baja Breeze ink,Basic Grey Dasher papers, scallop edge punch, circle punch, Amuse twinkle, felt snowflake}

3 comments:

  1. Maryrose, you certainly are an inspiration to me and I am sure many others... and it is more than the crafting. It is a goodness of living!
    Veda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do indeed have a gift :)

    Thanks for sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Mary Rose. You are truly talented.

    ReplyDelete