Friday, January 14, 2011

Boo Boos


This week, I know of three people who took some serious falls that required trips to the hospital. First, a co-worker tripped over some packaging in the back room of the store and thought she'd shattered both knee caps. After a trip in the ambulance, she found out that she'd seriously bruised herself, but nothing broken.

Next, a mom at my son's school slipped on the icy sidewalk while dropping her daughter off one morning. Word has it that she'd shattered a knee cap and broke an ankle to the extent that she had to have a pin inserted. Yikes!

Finally, my mother-in-law called this week to tell us that she'd fallen in her apartment after tripping over her cat and getting tangled with a rug. A friend took her to the hospital, where they told her she'd severely bruised some ribs and her kidneys. She's taking some pain meds and following an ice/heat protocol.

For those of you who regularly walk on icy sidewalks in the winter, I highly recommend YakTrax. I bought a pair for my husband years ago, and he wears them in the winter when he takes the dog for walks. It gives you an extra grip during those icy days. They slip right over your shoes or boots, and the little metal spikes on the bottom provide extra traction.

Today's card is for my mom-in-law!

{recipe: Pure Innocence Stamps (My Favorite Things stamps), baja breeze cardstock, Parisian Breeze designer papers, prisma markers, hole punch}

I'm really proud of myself...I've managed to mail four cards this week! It's one of my New Year's resolutions to actually get the cards mailed to the people I make them for, and not forget and let them pile up until the special occasion is over.

Stay safe, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! With all this running I best get me some of those YakTrax! The card is so sweet, I just don't want to be the recipient. I'm sure it will put a smile on their day though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We appreciate your support of Yaktrax! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter so you can win some great Yaktrax giveaways :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,
    I got Mom signed onto google. :)

    ReplyDelete