Thursday, January 6, 2011

Domestic Diva Day


Yesterday was my domestic diva day, a great day to stay home, clean some bathrooms, do some laundry, and do some cooking and baking in the kitchen. I decided to attempt my first yeast bread. I made french breads from the cookbook my mom gave me for Christmas. They came out perfect! Golden and crusty on the outside, moist and chewy on the inside. And the aroma when these were baking in the oven? Heaven!



I decided to make a big pot of creamy potato soup to accompany the bread. Mmm! Such a good meal on a cold winter's night. The boys thought my first attempt at bread making was a big success. Sam even asked me to pack some in his lunch today so that he could share the goodness with a few of his cafeteria buddies at school!

After a carb-loaded meal like that, I knew that I'd have to get some exercise in today. So Maggie (my lab) and I bundled up and did a jog walk in the neighborhood. For a ten-year old lab, she did a really good job of keeping pace with me. I think the exercise was good for both of us!

The snow is gently falling on this gray day. I used the color for today's card creation.



{recipe: My Favorite Things stamps, basic gray cardstock and paper (SU), poppy card stock (SU), silver card stock (SU), scallop edge punch, slit punch, oval punch, scallop oval punch, prisma markers, making memories snowflake brad}

Hope your day is warm and cozy, too!

1 comment:

  1. loved this in your gallery on SCS, and just had to leave some love here, too. that bread looks yummy and your card is delightful!

    ReplyDelete