Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pottery Barn Butterflies


I'm still finding inspiration in the new Pottery Barn catalog! This week, one of the SCS challenges was to create a card using a butterfly theme. Instantly, I thought of these amazing butterfly pillows! I used this muted color palette for today's card!



{recipe: Garden Collage (SU), soft sky ink/card stock, soft suede ink/card stock, sahara sand ink/cardstock, so saffron ink, Tim Holtz texture fade, Sizzix embossing folder, kraft taffeta ribbon, blender pens}

I decided to leave the sentiment off of the card. That way, I can use this card in the future for any purpose...get well, birthday, etc. It's always easy to add a quick sentiment. These days, I have two sentiment sets that seem to be in heavy rotation...Fancy Flexible Phrases (SU), and Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU). The small font of these sets makes it easy to stamp a sentiment and fit it into so many punches for a nice focal point.



The Pottery Barn catalog has also inspired me to pick a paint color for our guest room. My husband got the desire to get a painting job done this weekend, so I quickly chose a new color. I've picked a lovely shade of blue, and I will show the final room makeover in just a day or two.

In the meantime, here's a new recipe I sampled this week at my neighborhood Bunko. It's a delicious dip with a surprising flavor!

Cheesy Pizza Dip

1 pkg. cream cheese softened
1/2 c. pizza sauce
2 T. each diced red and green pepper
1 t. Italian seasoning
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
2 T. parmesan cheese
1 pkg. mini pepperoni (these are about the size of a nickel or dime, and can be found at Meijer's grocery store)

Spread cream cheese evenly on bottom of pie plate. In a bowl, combine pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, and peppers. Spread on top of cream cheese. Top with cheese and pepperoni. Microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes. Serve with crackers or mini rye and pumpernickel breads. Also makes a great topping on mini bagels!

This is a great dish to serve on game day. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. So lovely, MaryRose! I love the collage-y butterfly card with all of that texture. Stop by my blog soon, to pick up a special little award :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. I think you are still dreaming of robins with those paint chips...some look like robin's egg blue! TFS!

    ReplyDelete