Monday, January 3, 2011

A Two-Cup Monday


Happy Monday, friends!

This morning, I woke up to blue skies, sunshine, and crisp air. It was a good morning to begin my running resolution!

I strapped on my new pair of powder blue New Balance tennies, bundled up in hat and scarf and gloves, and began my odyssey. My neighborhood has a paved trail that winds through the nature preserve behind my back yard. I decided to do a brisk walk/run/brisk walk/run method. As I was jogging, I had the thought "Hey, I kinda remember this feeling. And if I remember correctly, it all ends in pain." :)

I made my way home and proudly announced to my cross-country runners that I'd finally done it. I made the circuit without vomiting...victory! My sons informed me that the track is about a one and three-quarter mile loop. In 5K language, that means two loops around the track. Aaaack! Did I say I'd run a 5K this spring? I think I meant to say that I'd attempt that 5K this fall. Yeah, that sounds a lot better!

I am proud that I made the run today. We'll see if I can even walk tomorrow!

Today's card uses the KISS method. Simply ink a large background stamp and place it face up on a tabletop. Then stamp a clean, bold image stamp onto the inked background stamp, lift up, huff a little on the image, and stamp onto cardstock.

{recipe: What's Brewin' (SU), Aida (SU), sentiment from Stampendous, pink pirouette cardstock, melon mambo cardstock, black cardstock, Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper, versafine onyx ink, melon mambo ink, corner punch, micron black marker}

I think I'll go brew that second cup now. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence! I started my training today (well, yesterday) as well. Same distance...same method...it sucked, huh? And yet, I felt good that I did it. I read once that if you do something new for a straight month...no days off...it becomes habit. That's gonna be my strategy. 5K here we come! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete